THE WEEKLY QUIZ FROM NPR PUZZLEMASTER WILL SHORZ
On-air Challenge: I’m going to read you some sentences. Each sentence contains two words that have homophones that are opposites.
Ex. Does Liv Ullmann dye her hair? –> LIVE & DIE (homophones of “Liv” and “dye”)
1. In London, bar patrons who misuse the loos will be fined.
2. Lo and behold, the boy said hi.
3. The story about the band was read aloud.
4. In the convent workshop, the nun used an awl to repair her shoe.
5. The movie was so scary, people could hear their own heartbeats.
6. My cousin contacted me by cell phone.