A little this & that from the media.
• Acatitlán: The Mexica-Aztec city of the mighty war god https://yucatanmagazine.com/acatitlan-the-mexica-aztec-city-of-the-mighty-god-of-war/
•• (Mexican) Senate approves legislation to eliminate Daylight Saving Time Senate approves legislation to eliminate Daylight Saving Time (mexiconewsdaily.com) Daylight saving time (DST) will end this Sunday – not just for 2022 but permanently, after the Senate approved a bill to eliminate twice-yearly clock changes in most of the country. The new law will end DST in most of the country, but allows 33 northern border municipalities to continue to change clocks in order to stay in sync with the U.S. states they adjoin.
• The story of Mexico’s national anthem and its banned verses https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/mexicos-national-anthem-story/
• Conservation work proceeds for pre-Hispanic artificial island, Mayan temple along Maya Train route Conservation work proceeds for pre-Hispanic artificial island (mexiconewsdaily.com)
• Tulum considers rehabilitating its image as ‘just a party town Tulum considers rehabilitating its image as ‘just a party town’ (yucatanmagazine.com)
• San Miguel de Allende and Mérida make Condé Nast’s best cities lists https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/san-miguel-de-allende-and-merida-conde-nasts-best-cities/
• The Códice Maya de México on view at The Getty in Los Angeles https://mexiconewsdaily.com/culture/the-codice-maya-de-mexico-on-view-at-the-getty-in-los-angeles/
• Who was La Carambada, Querétaro’s crossdressing female bandit? https://mexiconewsdaily.com/mexicolife/who-was-la-carambada-queretaros-crossdressing-female-bandit/
• Abbott has a new glucose monitor for diabetics — It’s so small I forgot I was wearing it https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/14/review-abbott-freestyle-libre-3-cgm-for-diabetics-.html