Thanks to Taverna Akumal for revealing this little secret. A little prep time, but well worth it. One of our favorite appitizers at Taverna.
Avocado Fried with Lemon Cilantro Aioli Sauce
- Avocado, Hass
- Flour, All Purpose
- Egg, Large Fresh
- Bread, Panko
- Salt, Kosher
- Spice, Pepper Black Table Ground
- Peel and Seed avocado
- Slice in 10 wedges
- Whip eggs and season egg wash with salt and pepper
- Pass slices first in flour, then egg wash, then bread crumbs
- Fry until golden and crispy
- Sauce: mix the mayonnaise with lemon juice, chopped cilantro, and lemon zest.
- Plate the avocado with the Aioli sauce and lemon.
Have a restaurant in the greater Akumal area? We want your recipes. All we ask is good directions in English and a couple of photos. We won’t chase you down for a recipe, but will gladly consider posting anything good you send our way. You can submit it right on our site: http://akumalnow.com/idea-submission-form/