For The Love Of Crafts – Class #2
“Bejeweled Sea Shell Christmas Decorations”
Wednesday, December 4 from 12pm – 4pm Cost: 800 pesos
Location: Akumal Area (specifics to be released closer to class) Workshop Leader: Brenda Calnan
• To secure your spot, I require payment in advance (we can make arrangements to meet).
• Workshop leaders are voluntary so the cost is for supplies only.
• Workshop leaders either have an existing artistic skill or have recently learned an artistic craft that they can and are willing to share with others. We are not professionals so be mindful 😍
• We will be making 3 different Christmas sea shell ornaments, and 1 sea star ornament, during the 4 hour class. Please see photos that show examples (ours will be similar, not identical)
• Colors to choose from are
(a) 1 accent color, either silver or gold (choose 1), and
(b) 1 color from: red, green, white, purple, dark blue, light blue/turquoise
• This is definitely a pricier craft. My best approximation is $800 pesos. I discovered from the 1st course, supplies are not always reliably available here 😟 , so changes get made at the last minute and that can alter the price.
• The scallop shells and sea stars are being ordered from online (best price). As you know, getting things delivered on time can be hit and miss, as are extra duty charges, which could change the overall cost.
• 2 other shells I will purchase are from Maya-Xel on 5th ave, as they are fairly inexpensive.
• If I can buy the supplies for less than $800 pesos per person, then I will provide refunds or obviously charge you the actual price, once it is known.
• It would be nice to have a couple of glue guns available. Maybe if enough people have them, we can share. We will be using other types of glue in addition to the glue gun.
To reserve a spot, please email Brenda at [email protected] by Saturday, November 16 or earlier, and include the following information:
A. Choice of accent color: silver or gold
B. Choice of main color: red, green, blue, purple, or white