Xenses is the new theme park from Xcaret located between Akumal and Playa del Carmen. It’s billed as a park that is as fun as it is magical, as amazing as it is enigmatic, and as crazy as it is rational. Once you enter you are taken through different scenarios, real and imaginary, that surround your senses inside a world that heightens your senses, awakens your imagination, and challenges your perception.
Included are the following:
- A tour through different ecosystems at Xensatorium
- A fun walk through the Way of the Dwarfs and Giants
- A hike through caverns in the Labyrinth of Underground Arteries
- A space overflowing with nature at The Eden
- A tour through a Xitric Garden
- A fun visit through a town
- A tobagon slide to refresh
- Fly like an eagle
- Defy gravity on the river
- A mud river that covers you from head to toe
- A rainstream to clean your body and soul
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothing, (maybe bring clothes to change into), a swim suit, and water shoes. Of course, don’t forget to bring cash or a credit card for souvenirs, snacks, and the special photo package.
Free parking, restrooms, lockers, and showers. Xenses opens at 8:30 am and closes at 7:00 pm. To experience the full efect of this spectacular park, plan on approximately 5 hours. Children 4 and under have free admission. The park is closed on Sundays.
Information about Xenses was gleaned from their 2016 brochure, and many discounts are offered in conjunction with visits to other properties (Xcaret, Xoximilco and more). When the peso was 17.50/ 1 USD, the entry fee was $59.00 USD….so, expect some changes to this price, but be sure to check for discounts.